NOTE: This event, originally to have taken place Thursday evening, 2/13, has been cancelled.
Following the success of last year’s Valentine’s Day party, the Ackland Art Museum is bringing back an afternoon of creativity and crafting in the spirit of love. All are invited to come and show their love—for art, for UNC, and for their family and friends!
- Adults, students, and kids can make their own hand-crafted valentines—inspired by works in the Ackland’s permanent collection—to give to someone special!
- Visitors may go on a “Love in the Galleries” scavenger hunt!
- Try your hand at art-inspired games and activities!
- Write a love note to William Hayes Ackland, the Museum’s beloved founder who made it possible for UNC to begin building its world-class art collection!
- Encounter musical visions of the New World with a 2:00 PM performance of early music by the UNC Baroque Ensemble
While at the Ackland, see the Ackland’s three newly-opened exhibitions: “America Seen: The Hunter and Cathy Allen Collection of Social Realist Prints”; “’The New Found Land’: Engravings by Theodor de Bry from the Collection of Michael N. Joyner”; and “Adding to the Mix 7: Andy Warhol’s “Susumu Ikuta” (ca. 1960)”.
Family Activity Packets are available at the front desk.
Free & all ages.