Location: Peabody Hall, Room 104
Academic Advising is teaming up with several academic departments to help First-Year students get ready for spring 2014 semester. The purpose of the workshops is to introduce students to the various majors, as well as get them connected with faculty in those departments.
Attending the workshop also allows you to fulfill your First-Year academic advising appointment requirement. Students who attend a Pre-Registration Group Advising Workshop will also:
- Learn important information about an academic major they may want to pursue;
- Have the opportunity to speak with academic advisors and faculty members who work with students in a particular major;
- Consider long-term course planning as well as obtain guidance with registration for the spring 2014 semester;
- Receive a quick review of general education and academic eligibility requirements;
- Become acquainted with University student success resources;
- Have the option to change their major to another directly related to the workshop they attend.
More Info: https://apps.research.unc.edu//events/index.cfm?event=events.eventDetails&event_key=ED6356A3324F6C9FBC329F0AD1E2D6D07854377C